CAPS strives to add value to its services and products and is always looking toward quality and continuous improvement. In that same spirit and level of effort, CAPS offers professional and technical assistance on a contractual basis to others who may require additional people and particular skills for special projects and tight deadlines.
Potential opportunities to assist include:
- developing grant proposals;
- writing and editing reports;
- advising in the plan, design, and implementation of data collection and analysis;
- performing needs assessments and program evaluations;
- conducting secondary research to supplement or validate studies and recommendations; and
- facilitating focus groups and workshops.
For example, Linda Broyles spent many years supporting UT as an independent contractor for the Social Work Office of Research and Public Service; the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences; and the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies. She has experience with education-related grants and program evaluations.